In this post we will see how you can manage users in your team in Cloud Portam.
In context of Cloud Portam, a user is a person who uses Cloud Portam. A user will have a management role (Administrator, Co-Administrator or User) which will grant user access to team management screens in Cloud Portam and then a user will have permissions (None, Read Only, Read Write and Full) on one or more cloud resources (Azure Storage, Search Service, DocumentDB accounts etc.) which will dictate what a user can do on these cloud resources.
Things You Can Do
As far as managing Storage accounts in Cloud Portam is concerned, there are a few things you could do:
- Add/Import Users: You could add users to your team who will then be able to access Cloud Portam. Please note that only a user in “Administrator” role can perform this activity.
- Remove: You could remove users from your team in Cloud Portam. Once you remove the users from Cloud Portam, they will no longer be able to access Cloud Portam. Please note that only a user in “Administrator” role can perform this activity.
- Change Role: You could change management role of a user from your team in Cloud Portam. This change will be reflected when the user logs in the next time. Please note that only a user in “Administrator” role can perform this activity.
- Change Permission: You could change permissions on a cloud resource for a user. This change will be reflected when the user logs in the next time. Please note that a user must be in “Administrator” and “Co-Administrator” role to perform this activity.
Few Other Things
There are a few other things we would like to mention:
- The users are sourced from the Azure Active Directory (AD) you used for signing up. As part of “Add” process, users are fetched from your Azure AD and from that list you can add the user into Cloud Portam.
- A user must be present in both Cloud Portam and your Azure AD for that user to use Cloud Portam. Having a user just in your Azure AD will not grant access to Cloud Portam.
- When you remove users from Cloud Portam, they are removed from Cloud Portam only. They will still exist in your Azure AD.
We have created two simple walk throughs of the entire process that you can watch here.
Walk Through #1: Adding Users
Walk Through #2: Other Users Functionality
Relevant Blog Posts
- Cloud Portam Team Edition – Introduction: http://cloudportam.wpengine.com/cloud-portam-team-edition-introduction.
- Cloud Portam Team Edition – Signing Up: http://cloudportam.wpengine.com/cloud-portam-team-edition-signing-up.
- Cloud Portam Team Edition – Managing Cloud Resources: http://cloudportam.wpengine.com/cloud-portam-team-edition-managing-cloud-resources
- Cloud Portam Team Edition – Manage Azure Storage Accounts: http://cloudportam.wpengine.com/cloud-portam-team-edition-manage-azure-storage-accounts
- Cloud Portam Team Edition – Manage Azure Search Service Accounts: http://cloudportam.wpengine.com/cloud-portam-team-edition-manage-azure-search-service-accounts
- Cloud Portam Team Edition – Manage Azure DocumentDB Accounts: http://cloudportam.wpengine.com/cloud-portam-team-edition-manage-azure-documentdb-accounts
- Cloud Portam Team Edition – Manage Cloud Resource Permissions: http://cloudportam.wpengine.com/cloud-portam-team-edition-manage-cloud-resource-permissions
- Cloud Portam Team Edition – Manage Groups: http://cloudportam.wpengine.com/cloud-portam-team-edition-manage-groups